General Provisions. Definitions
- These Terms and Conditions (hereinafter: “Terms and Conditions” or“Regulations”) define the framework of organization and participation in the Kongres 590 under the name “Przestrzenie Wolności” (eng: “Spaces of Freedom”) (hereinafter: “Kongres” or “Event”), organized in an on-site format.
- The organizer of the Kongres 590 event is Kongres 590 Spółka z ograniczoną odpowiedzialnością, with its registered seat in Warsaw, at ul. Flory 3, lok. 1, 00-586 Warsaw, entered in the register of entrepreneurs of the National Court Register kept by the District Court for the Capital City of Warsaw, XII Economic Division of the National Court Register, under KRS number 0000693119, REGON 368205642, NIP 524-283-87-55 (hereinafter referred to as: “Organizer”). The co-organizer of the event is Stowarzyszenie Instytutu Gospodarki Narodowej with its registered seat in Warsaw, at ul. Flory 3 lok. 1, 00-586 Warsaw, registered in the register of associations, other social and professional organizations, foundations and independent public health care institutions kept by the District Court for the Capital City of Warsaw in Warsaw, XII Economic Division of the National Court Register under KRS number: 0000336444, REGON number: 142038691, NIP number: 5252472184 (hereinafter referred to as: “Co-organizer”).
- Organizer’s contact information:
- registered office and address: ul. Flory 3 lok. 1, 00-586 Warsaw,
- e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org,
- phone number: +48 600 517 856.
- The event will be held on June 21-22, 2023 in Warsaw at the Służewiec Racecourse. Admission to the event area is chargeable and possible only upon presentation of a valid Ticket or other document (including ID) issued by the Organizer.
- Terms used in the Regulations are given the following meanings:
- A ticket is an admission ticket in electronic or other form issued by the Organizer entitling the Participant to attend the event. The ticket, depending on the category, may entitle the Participant to additional benefits. Information on ticket forms and types can be found, among others, on the EVENEA.PL website. The Organizer provides for the following types of tickets in electronic form:
- Standard Ticket – within the ticket, the Participant receives: access to the expo area during the Event, the opportunity to watch all debate scenes, access to the catering area, access to the networking area.
- VIP Ticket – within the ticket the Participant receives access to the expo area during Kongres 590, VIP seats at all stages of the event, unlimited access to the VIP area, access to the VIP catering area, access to the networking area, dedicated VIP reception.
- The EVENEA.PL website is an Internet service operated by EventLabs Sp. z o.o., based in Gdynia, through which the application form is filled out and the ticket is purchased in electronic form. The Buyer may fill in the application form and purchase a ticket both by registering an account on the EVENEA.PL website or without creating an additional account.
- Application Form means the form through which registration for Kongres 590 is made and through which the purchase of a ticket is made. The application form is available on the EVENEA.PL Website. The enrollment form obligatorily includes: first and last name, company name, e-mail address and optionally a phone number. It is not possible to purchase a Ticket on the EVENEA.PL Website without completing the application form. In the application form you can additionally indicate data for issuing a VAT invoice.
- A consumer is a consumer as provided for by the Civil Code.
- The Buyer is the entity completing the application form and paying the ticket fee. The buyer may be a participant at the same time.
- The website is www.kongres590.pl, which contains information about the Kongres 590 event.
- The venue is the venue for the Kongres 590 event, i.e. the Służewiec Racecourse in Warsaw.
- A Participant is any person (natural person) who attends Kongres 590 event or stays at the Venue, including those who have a ticket, have read the Regulations and whose data has been entered for registration in the application form. A participant is also a person who, with the consent of the Organizer, may participate in the event without holding a ticket and without completing the application form, in particular persons designated by the Kongres 590 sponsors.
Terms and conditions of participation
- The condition for participation in Kongres 590 is:
- correctly completing the application form or making an application in any other way specified by the Organizer,
- acceptance of the Regulations,
- possession of a paid ticket or other document issued by the Organizer authorizing participation in the event.
- The Buyer may fill out the application form and purchase tickets for third parties as well, provided that the Buyer has the third party’s consent to provide their personal data for the purpose of purchasing a ticket and filling out the application form and has their consent to provide the relevant data processing consents on behalf of such third parties and consent to accept the Terms and Conditions of the event on their behalf. The Buyer who filled out the application form and purchased a ticket for a third party is obliged to share the Terms and Conditions in an electronic version with the third party.
- Participation in the event is only possible for adults, or those who are 16 years of age or older and have obtained written consent from their parents or legal guardians to participate in the event, have completed the Registration and have a valid ticket for the event, in accordance with the provisions of the Terms & Conditions.
- The Organizer reserves the right to verify a person’s right to participate in the event by requesting the Participant to present an identity document (or a document that includes a declaration of intent consenting to the participation of a minor). If the Participant fails to present such document immediately, the Organizer reserves the right to refuse participation of such Participant in the event until the relevant document is presented. The verification referred to in this paragraph may take place both before admission to the Venue and throughout the duration of the event.
- The Organizer reserves the right to verify the right of a given person to use the benefits for Participants holding a VIP Ticket by requesting the Participant to present the VIP Ticket or any other document entitling the Participant to use the benefits provided for VIP Participants, as referred to in §1.5.1(b) of the Terms & Conditions.
- The hours during which the event will be held will be indicated in the Kongres 590 agenda. Staying at the Venue outside the time slot indicated in the agenda is allowed only with the prior approval of the Organizer. The Agenda will be made available on the website. The Organizer will freely determine the topics of the panels/debates, invite the keynote speakers, plan the duration of the panels/debates, and issue the agenda for the event. The Organizer does not guarantee the participation of specific persons (including experts) or entities in the Kongres 590 event.
- After the Buyer/Participant purchases a ticket, the Organizer may request the Participant’s PESEL number to be sent via the e-mail address indicated in the application form. Failure to provide the PESEL number shall exclude a person from participation in the event unless the Participant does not have a PESEL number (in particular applies to foreigners). The above provision shall apply mutatis mutandis to the Participant having the Organizer’s consent to participate in the event on a basis other than by having purchased the ticket.
Technical requirements necessary to purchase a Ticket
- In the process of purchasing a ticket, including filling out the application form, access to the Internet is required and an Internet browser that allows the display on the Buyer’s computer screen (smartphone, phone, tablet) of hypertext documents (HTML) made available on the Internet through EVENEA.PL is required. The Organizer recommends that Buyers use the following browsers: Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, Google Chrome and Internet Explorer version 7.0 or higher.
- Information or statements related to participation in the Kongres 590 will be sent to the Buyer’s e-mail address indicated in the application form. A change of address requires notification to be sent to the Organizer to the e-mail address indicated in §1.3.b of the Terms and Conditions.
- Due to the fact that the date for holding the event is marked in the Terms and Conditions, a Buyer or Participant who is a Consumer who purchased a ticket is not entitled to withdraw from the contract for its purchase, in accordance with the content of Article 38 item. 12 of the Act of May 30, 2014 on Consumer Rights (i.e., Journal of Laws of 2020, item 287).
- The Organizer reserves the right to organize the event in online form only, in case of force majeure preventing the organization of the event in the on-site format. Force majeure is, in particular, future and uncertain events that are beyond the possibility of control of the Organizer in particular: states of war, state of emergency, state of natural disaster, state of epidemic, pandemic (or the introduction of another state by the competent state authorities), the introduction of restrictions and limitations on the organization and participation in conferences, congresses meetings by the competent state authorities (hereinafter: “Force Majeure“).
- In the case referred to in §4(2) of the Terms and Conditions, i.e. the organization of the event in an online format, the Buyer who is a Consumer and who purchased a ticket entitling them to participate in the event in on-site format has the right to: 1) the right to refund the amount corresponding to the difference of the price paid for the ticket entitling to participation in the event in an on-site format and the price of a ticket of the same category entitling to participation in online form only; 2) the right to return the ticket and demand a refund of the ticket price.
- In the case referred to in §4.2 of the T&C, subject to §4.5 of the Terms and Conditions, the Organizer shall not be liable to Participants who are not Consumers for inability to participate in the Kongres 590 event in an on-site format.
- The organizer reserves the right to change the date and place of the event due to Force Majeure.
- Unless provided for by the Terms and Conditions or separate agreements, and within the limits permitted by law, the Organizer and the Co-Organizer shall not be liable for damages suffered by the Buyer or Participant in connection with participation in the event or cancellation of participation in the event. In particular, the Organizer and Co-Organizer shall not be liable for the Participant’s inability to participate in the Kongres 590 event caused by Force Majeure or for reasons attributable to the Participant.
- The Organizer reserves the right to cancel, shorten, change the date or agenda of the event in case of Force Majeure preventing the organization of the event, risk of introduction of regulations preventing the organization of the event or in case of danger to life or health of the Participants. In the aforementioned cases, to the extent permitted by law and subject to the provisions of the Regulations or a separate agreement, the Organizer and Co-Organizer shall not be liable for damages / losses incurred by Participants/Buyers resulting from the cancellation or rescheduling of the event, including costs related to transportation or hotel reservations; nor shall the Organizer and Co-Organizer be obliged in such a case to refund any fees/charges already paid for reservations of packages, seats or other benefits, including the costs already incurred by the Organizer and Co-Organizer.
- Cancellation or change of the date or venue of the event due to the occurrence of Force Majeure shall not constitute cancellation or change of the date of organization of the event for reasons attributable to the Organizer or Co-Organizer. In the situation referred to in the preceding sentence, the Kongres 590 event shall be deemed as not having taken place due to the occurrence of Force Majeure.
- In any situation, to the extent permitted by law, the Organizer and the Co-Organizer shall not be obligated to reimburse any costs related to the event incurred by the Participant in any other way than through the Organizer.
- All complaints related to the realization of the Participants’ rights related to participation in the event may be reported to the Organizer no later than 3 days from the end of the Kongres 590 event or the day on which the event was to end, but no later than 3 days from the occurrence of the circumstance giving rise to the complaint.
- All complaints and claims related to the organization and conduct of the event should be addressed to the Organizer:
- by email: email@example.com
- to the mailing address: ul. Flory 3 lok 1, 00-568 Warsaw.
- The Organizer undertakes to respond to the complaint within 30 days from the date of its receipt. In the event the organizer fails to reply to the complaint within the aforementioned period, the complaint will be considered legitimate and justified.
- In the event of a justified complaint, the Organizer will reimburse the Participant/Buyer the costs incurred by him/her for the purchase of the ticket.
- Refunds will be made to the bank account indicated by the Participant/ Buyer in the correspondence regarding the complaint. When paying with a debit/credit card, the refund can only be made to the same card.
- A Participant/Buyer who is a Consumer has the possibility to use out-of-court ways of processing complaints and pursuing claims. Detailed information on the possibility for a Participant/Consumer Buyer to use out-of-court ways of handling complaints and pursuing claims, as well as rules of access to these procedures, are available at the offices and websites of district (city) consumer ombudsmen, social organizations whose statutory tasks include consumer protection, Regional Inspectorates of Commercial Inspection and on the website of the Office of Competition and Consumer Protection (www.uokik.gov.pl). A participant who is a Consumer may use the online dispute resolution (ODR) platform available at: http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr.
Responsibilities related to participation in the Kongres 590 event
- The Buyer shall be liable for the Participants enrolled by them. The liability of the Buyer and the Participants enrolled by the Buyer to the Organizer or Co-Organizer for damages caused to the Organizer or Co-Organizer is joint. This also applies to damages caused by the Buyer or Participant to third parties, if the Organizer is obligated to cover such damages.
- The participant of the Kongres 590 event is obliged to observe and abide by the safety rules of occupational health and safety and fire regulations in force on the premises of the Venue, as well as the instructions and organizational and technical instructions of the representatives of the Organizer and security and sanitary personnel. The Participant is obliged to follow the procedures and instructions of the Organizer taken to prevent COVID-19 infections.
- The participant is obliged to comply with the rules and regulations of the Venue.
- Among other things, the participant receives a name badge that entitles them to move within the Venue. Entering the Venue during the event implies acceptance of these Regulations.
- The participant is obliged to have the ID badge given to them at all times during their stay at the Venue, and is obliged to show it each time they are asked by a representative of the Organizer or by law enforcement and sanitary services.
- The participant is fully responsible for all their statements and presentations made during the event.
- Each event Participant undertakes to observe good manners and the rules of social coexistence.
- The Organizer reserves the right to expel any person spreading inappropriate, vulgar content, content not permitted by law or rules of social coexistence, content that may refer by its subject matter to gender, age, sexual orientation, race or other topics that may cause feelings of discrimination in other Participants from the event.
- The Venue is prohibited from marketing its own or third-party services unless the Organizer issues prior written consent.
- The Participant is obliged to observe the obligation of tidiness and waste segregation. In particular, the Participant is obliged to dispose of waste in the garbage cans or containers designated for this purpose.
- The Organizer and the Co-Organizer shall not be liable for the Participant’s actions contrary to the law, the Regulations or the rules of social coexistence. In such situation, the Participant shall be solely responsible for damages caused by their actions to the Organizer, the Co-Organizer and other Participants or third parties.
Prohibition of entry into the Venue. Expulsion from the Venue
- Aggressive persons, under the influence of alcohol or psychoactive substances will not be allowed into the Venue, and if such persons are discovered, they may be expelled from the Venue.
- It is forbidden to bring any kind of dangerous materials, devices, substances, in particular weapons, pyrotechnics, explosives, alcoholic beverages, narcotics or psychotropic substances, and other sharp, heavy, hard devices or objects that pose a threat to the health and life of other Participants at the Facility during the event.
- The Organizer reserves the right to remove any person violating the Terms and Conditions from the Venue, without the right to return to the Venue or to claim reimbursement of any costs or expenses incurred in connection with participation in the event, including the price paid for the ticket.
Recording of the Kongres 590 event
- The Organizer or Co-Organizer record the event for documentation (including the Organizer’s or Co-Organizer’s partners), reporting, advertising and promotional purposes of the Organizer or Co-Organizer also in future years.
- The course of the event may be recorded and stored by the Organizer, the Co-Organizer or entities acting on their behalf in any form, including by means of image and sound recording devices, online transmission of the event, and then distributed for the purpose of documenting, reporting, advertising and promoting the Kongres 590 event and the Organizer or the Co-Organizer also in future years.
- The recording and other materials documenting the event may be subject to the following by the Organizer, Co-Organizer or entities acting on their behalf: electronic processing, framing and composition, as well as be juxtaposed with other recordings and materials, supplemented with accompanying commentary, cut, edited, modified, added to other materials created for documentation, reporting, advertising and promotional purposes of the Organizer or Co-Organizer. Participation in the event is tantamount to the Participant’s granting permission to the Organizer and the Co-Organizer to record, transmit and distribute the Participant’s image free of charge, without time and territorial restrictions, for the purpose of documenting, reporting, advertising and promoting Kongres 590, the Organizer or the Co-Organizer in future years, in all known fields of exploitation, including the fields of exploitation indicated in Article 50 of the Act of February 4, 1994 on Copyright and Related Rights (i.e. Journal of Laws of 2022, item 2509).
- Recordings and other materials depicting the event may be subject to publication by the Organizer, the Co-Organizer or entities acting on their behalf, in particular through distribution on the Internet (including on social networks LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, etc. as part of the profile or pages maintained by the Organizer) and live broadcast via the Internet, and be used in all known fields of exploitation, including the fields of exploitation indicated in Article 50 of the Act of February 4, 1994 on Copyright and Related Rights (i.e., Journal of Laws 2022, item 2509).
- It is forbidden for the Participants to record (audio and video recording) the course of the event by any audio-visual means without prior consent from the Organizer or Co-Organizer.
- The administrator of the personal data of the Kongres 590 event Participants is the Organizer (hereinafter also referred to as the “Administrator“)
- For matters related to the processing of personal data, you can contact via email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Personal data shall be processed in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/46/EC and the regulations on personal data protection in force in the Republic of Poland to the extent and for the purpose necessary for the preparation and holding of the event.
- The Administrator collects the following personal data of the Participants: first and last name, e-mail address, telephone number (if provided to the Organizer) and additionally the address of the company/residence, position or function held and Tax Identification Number (if it is necessary to issue an invoice for the Participant/Buyer), PESEL number. Provision of personal data by the Participant is voluntary, but necessary for the conclusion and proper execution of the Agreement, failure to provide data will result in the inability to conclude an agreement with the Organizer and the inability to participate in the event.
- The basis for our processing of personal data is:
- Article 6 par(1) section(b) and (c) of the GDPR – acceptance of the rules and regulations (contract), for the purpose of organizing and conducting the event, for the purpose of fulfilling the concluded contract (enabling the participant to participate in the event) and obligations under the contract and the law, including tax and accounting regulations.
- Article 6 par(1) section (a) GDPR – consent to send newsletter (marketing information),
- Article 6 par(1) section (f) GDPR – legitimate interest of the administrator of for the purposes of documentation, reporting, advertising and promotion of the Organizer, for the purpose of publication on social networks (including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube) and the Organizer’s website of photographic and video materials from the event, and other public sharing and distribution in a way that allows the above-mentioned materials to be viewed and accessed at the viewer’s convenience and for the purpose of conducting the event with the use of audio and video recording devices, for the purpose of possible investigation or defense against possible claims.
- Each data subject has the right of access, rectification, erasure or restriction of processing, the right to object, to revoke consent at any time (withdrawal of consent does not affect the lawfulness of processing carried out on the basis of consent before its withdrawal), and the right to lodge a complaint with the President of the Office for Personal Data Protection.
- Personal data will be kept for a period of time related to the purposes and grounds for processing:
- data processed on the basis of consent will be processed until the consent is withdrawn,
- data processed on the basis of statutory requirements will be processed for the period of time that the law mandates the retention of data,
- data processed on the basis of the legitimate interest of the Organizer will be processed until an effective objection is made (when such an objection is available in accordance with the law) or this legitimate interest lapses, in particular data processed for the purpose of investigating or defending against possible claims will be processed until the statute of limitations for such possible claims.
- The Organizer reserves the right to share personal data with entities authorized by law to the extent and for the purpose required by these entities and laws, including law enforcement agencies, public administration bodies.
- The Organizer may entrust personal data to entities that cooperate with it in order to prepare and carry out the event, including EventLabs Sp. z o.o. running the EVENEA.PL Website (ticket sales), ConnectTo Sp. z o.o. (identity verification, preparation of the list of participants and identifiers of participants registered to participate in the event) as well as entities participating in the processing of electronic payments and other entities, in particular with regard to: tele informatic solutions used, legal support of the Organizer, accounting, legal and marketing services. By registering for the event in an on-site format, the Participant agrees to provide their personal data indicated in the Application Form to the relevant services, in particular to the State Protection Service (identity verification, in order to maintain security during the event).
- The Administrator does not transfer personal data outside the European Economic Area (EEA), except for publications on social media networks, i.e. Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube where necessary to achieve the purpose, the Organizer will ensure an adequate degree of personal data protection, primarily by:
- cooperation with processors of personal data in countries for which a relevant decision of the European Commission has been issued;
- Use of standard contractual clauses issued by the European Commission;
- application of binding corporate rules approved by the relevant supervisory authority;
When applicable, the Administrator will inform the Participant of its intention to transfer personal data outside the EEA at the stage of collection. Upon the Participant’s request, the Administrator will provide the Participant with a copy of their data record that will be transferred outside the EEA.
- The Administrator does not use profiling when processing the personal data of event Participants.
Intellectual property rights
- The rights to the title and agenda of the Kongres 590 event, website, layout, logos, graphics, photos, audio and video files and any other materials relating to the event belong to the Organizer or a third party (if so designated) and are protected by law.
- The above designated elements and materials may not be used without the written consent of the Organizer or a third party right holder.
- It is forbidden to remove or modify copyright notices or other intellectual property rights markings included in any event materials.
- The Organizer and the Co-Organizer are not responsible for items belonging to Participants that may be lost, damaged or stolen during the event.
- Any person holding a name badge of the Kongres 590 event – with the inscription ORGANIZATOR – is considered to be a representative of the Organizer during the event.
- This version of the Terms and Conditions comes into effect on May 1, 2023.
- The Terms and Conditions will be made available on the Organizer’s website and at the Organizer’s headquarters.
- The Organizer reserves the right to change the Terms and Conditions and undertakes to immediately inform the Participants about this fact via e-mail and on the Organizer’s website. The amendment of the regulations will not affect the rights and obligations of persons who became event Participants before the amendment of mentioned regulations.
- In the event that any of the provisions of the Terms and Conditions should be found to be in conflict with mandatory provisions of law or invalid, the remaining provisions of the document shall remain in force. In place of the provisions of the regulations that remain in conflict with mandatory provisions of law or are invalid, the applicable provisions of law shall apply.